Wednesday 30 May 2012

Teddington, River Thames



Sunbury Lock - the older one.  This is what all the locks were like before electrification.  And I could not remember it at all - even though we have been through numerous times.  Must be getting old.

We left early again and had the river to ourselves for most of the way. 






Because we didn't need a mooring at Hampton Court and it was empty except for 1 boat.  We stopped briefly at Kingston on Thames for me to get a 1st aid kit (more expense for the Pageant).  There was a fee for mooring £10 between 9am and 9pm!!  And, there was only one bollard to tie up to.  David stood and guarded the boat and I ran to Boots and back be for the "clampers and towers" arrived.

After we got to Teddington I caught a bus back into Kingston for the afternoon.

More nursing mothers.  This time a coot who made the nest on a lifebuoy.

I matted the card onto silver, red and green card and cut the edges of the bottom two with deckle edged scissors.

Then I cut a strip of green card which was fixed to a larger red one, the edges of the red card also cut with deckle edged scissors.  For a bit of decoration I added some sparkly wavy peel-off sticker strips.




No comments: