Sunday 29 May 2011

Gas Street, Birmingham

 Today we went to Crick.  Hired a car and drove there (my nails are just beginning to grow back!)

The dragon head was on a boat built by the Dragon Company.  Didn't notice the tiller pin.

So glad we don't need a new boat.  Don't know where we would start.  We love Mr David so much and the layout fits us perfectly that we would have to have another one built almost exactly the same.

I have made a series of cards from photographs around Gas Street.  This is Cambrian Wharf with the top lock of the Farmers Locks flight on the left.

I matted one whole photograph onto silver card and then stuck it onto a green card base.  The, using the circular Nestabilities I cut out decreasing circles and then layered them up with sticky fixers.






For this card I used the cut out bits so that the circles are holes and get smaller inwards so the top photo is a sort of frame.  Hope that makes sense.  I used a white card blank for this card.

No comments: