Thursday 14 April 2011

Sowerby Bridge, Calder and Hebble Navigation

 So, what was today's accident?

We managed to flood the boat again.  The locks on the C&H are only 60ft long, so our 57 1/2 foot boat fits in fairly snugly.  Most of the locks have only one paddle in the top gate where you can use a windlass, the rest (and always the ground paddles) need a special hand spike (a long piece of wood which you use as a lever).  These are a bit of a bind, and being lazy I only used the windlass paddle (which is a gate paddle).  This particular one managed to catch the boat and fill the well again.  Oops!

The bit from Brighouse to Sowerby Bridge is very pretty, a wooded hill on one side (covered in bluebells) and the river on the other side. 





This  sentiment was chalked up on a disused lock keepers hut.  Sweet!  I feel a card coming on.

David said he did it wrote it for me last night.






So, I'd better show a romantic card then.

I covered a heart with handmade paper (with flower petals in it) which was then mounted onto some pink handmade paper.  I then added a rose and a pink bow.

This I stuck down onto a white card base, adding three oval, pink gems in the bottom right hand corner.

No comments: