Saturday 12 March 2011

Market Drayton, Shropshire Union Canal

David set off at 0700 this morning while I had another hour in my warm bed. The the weather was almost balmy today, the wind seems to have dropped a bit. It was just a bit tedious having to travel at tickover past all those moored boats between Norbury and Shebdon.

We passed the landslide in the Woodseaves Cutting and as we reached the moorings above Tyrley locks one of the moorers warned us that a boat had just gone down leaving all the (double) bottom gates open. So thank you Eleanor May for your consideration. I'll do the same for you one day.

Market Drayton moorings were almost abandoned when we arrived so we had a choice. I chose close to the bridge so I didn't have so far to walk into the town, which has improved a bit in the last year. A Wilkinsons, and an indoor market! The grotty Morrisons is still the only place to get any food though and it is about as far out of town as you can get from the canal.

I've just realised why I am getting on better with this blog today, it seems to have gone back to the old system.

Here is an anniversary card that I made just before we left. A white easel card with red mirror card, silver lace edged paper, ribbon with hearts woven into it and a wooden rose. The sentiments are silver peel-offs, matted onto red mirror card and silver card.

Inside there is a strip of red gems stuck to a piece of red mirror card and fixed with sticky fixers to make it stand up and hold the card front in place. The box has a silver top and the edge is scalloped. I wrapped more ribbon around the side and stuck a bow in one of the corners with three red gems.

No comments: