Friday 18 February 2011

Gas Street Moorings, Birmingham

More signs of spring in the flower boxes by the lock.


Our plans for a quick getaway next week have been foiled. When David went to the dentist yesterday he was told that the new dental plate had been made to the wrong order - so we will have to wait until 9th March before we can go. So, now, we are thinking, maybe a short trip around Birmingham for a few days - if the weather holds up that is.

Last night BBC Dave (as opposed to Spanish Dave and Mr David) came and helped me set up a Paypal button on this blog. I should now be able to advertise and sell cards from here there Paypal. Now all I have to do is make some new cards!

It was David's (Mr David) birthday last week. His latest squeeze is Lorraine Pascale (she has a cookery programme on the BBC). Here is what I came up with:



The front page. I matted the photograph onto silver, yellow, black and orange card. To fit in the three flaps into the spine of the white card blank I had to make a second fold line so the front side was shorter than the back. I got around this by adding a piece of orange card to the shorter flap of the card. I decorated the edge with a Martha Stewart edge punch and covered the join with a black peel-off strip. The picture was stuck down in the middle, a peel-off "Happy" and three black dots were added to the top and a "Birthday" and three more dots were added to the bottom.







For the inside I used another white card blank and embossed several lines making three mountain and 5 valley folds. I cut off some of the extra card and then stuck the whole thing into the main card blank (having made the extra fold to make room). Then I added the three matted photos onto the flaps in a sort of waterfall design. (Lorraine had been a model in a previous life - so the photos are of her in (or out of) her swimwear). I added more black peel-off strips to cover any joins and that was it.

Hope the instructions make sense, but I sort of made it up as I went along which is why the photo on the front is slightly too large - oops!

No comments: