Monday 11 October 2010

Gas Street Moorings, Birmingham






We have had a lovely sunny day today and David was out taking photographs. This is the chimney of Swallow. The rest of the boat is in the same condition. The owner died earlier on this year and no one seems to know what is going to happen to it.









Yet another commission and yet another challenge. The customer wanted to use the photograph of his boat but with the colour scheme of the recipients school.

I made another easel card. They can be so versatile and look really impressive. I wrapped some lavender ribbon around the front of the card and tied it in a bow.

David changed the colour of the boat in the photograph using Photoshop and I matted it onto white, lavender and black (the school colours) and finally silver card and fixed it over the ribbon with sticky fixers.

I finished off the card with a row of 6 lilac gems (they were straight when it was eventually finished!) and three lavender roses in the opposite corner.

I made a plain lavender and silver panel to go on the inside of the base for a personal message and another one for the front with a black sentiment peel-off and three more lavender roses.

The box I made with lavender pearlescent card and added some silver peel-offs for decoration.

Now I have to use the same photograph to make some Christmas Cards.

No comments: