Wednesday 31 March 2010

Gas Street Moorings, Birmingham


"I'm a drake, and you've made a mistake!"

So what has happened to the weather? Sleet, cold wind. Must be Spring.

Don't care about the weather though - off to Cyprus tomorrow. Two weeks by the pool; miles of empty, sandy beaches; fields of wild anemones and cyclamen, orange blossom, cigarette pies, hummus, fresh fish and chips, proper kebabs; Crusader castles and SUNSHINE. Can't wait.




Being a cheapskate, for Caroline's birthday present this year, I made her a greetings card organiser and filled it with 12 cards. I ran out of inspiration when decorating the card organiser, so no photos. This is one of the cards.

Starting with a white card base, I used my newest Cuttlebug folder and embossed some pink card. I then matted a long strip, which I scalloped with scissors, onto some blue pearlescent card. Then I used my Nestabilities circles to make a pink centre and a white and blue scalloped matt. The flower bouquet came from the £1 shop (2 for £1) - I said I was a cheapskate. The finishing touch was the three pink gems on the bottom right hand side.

No comments: