Sunday 21 March 2010

Gas Street Moorings, Birmingham

Got a bollocking today for not posting enough. Sorry! It is not as if nothing has been happening either. Just being lazy.

On Monday the signs went up for the auction for the two buildings photographed. The cafe, the lettings office and the small flat above. The two businesses will not be affected as they both have leases to run. So! Anyone looking for an investment?








A few days of sunshine and Spring is really in the air. There are bulbs flowering in the boxes by the lock and the geese seem to be leaving them alone at the moment.




Cathy, who lives on Mandor had been spending a few days on
the mooring (with permission from Graham) when on Tuesday David told her that there was a mooring up for auction fairly soon. She rushed to her computer and put in a bid there and then.

The closing date was 1pm on Wednesday, so she came onto Mr David to watch the results. And boy, was it a result! She was the only bidder. We printed off the application and she went straight around to the office to pay the fees. So! welcome Cathy and Smudge. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Friday night was very noisy. Lots of shouting and screaming. Saturday morning showed us the detritus left behind. Broken glass on the lock island, empty bottles and cans, my "A" frame had been thrown into the water, the flower boxes all moved so that they can get a better landing/takeoff when jumping the lock and three of our new seats had been removed and were now on the balcony of the defunct James Brindley pub. I'm sure if I walked onto their property and started moving things around they wouldn't been too pleased.


I had a lovely comment from a reader about the dried flower card I made for Mothers' Day. Thank you so very much. It's a lovely warm feeling when someone appreciates your work.

This is the card I made for Cathy, to welcome her to the moorings (don't tell Rob, as I never made one for him when he came last year).

I Cuttlebugged some red card and matted it onto silver card before fixing it to a green card base. I added a couple of scallops of lacy ribbon at the top and a computer generated and matted sentiment in the middle. The photograph is of Roach delivering coal last year and again, is matted with red and silver card.

I never seem to use buttons. I have got masses left over from my sewing days. So I have used three red buttons and tied some green string through the holes before sticking them down onto the card.

No comments: