Saturday 24 October 2009

Church Minshull, Middlewich Branch, Shropshire Union Canal


These hawthorn berries look almost good enough to eat.
An uneventful day. We started early as the weather was forecast to turn.
We were through Middlewich by 10 and then it began to drizzle so we tied up after the first lock for a couple of hours and then came on here in glorious sunshine and strong winds.
There was a historic boat gathering going on in Middlewich. I think "hysteric" boat owners are even more sullen and unfriendly than fishermen. Not one acknowledged David as he went past - on tickover! I know we are not worthy only having a modern (although now ten year old) boat but a smile or waive would be nice and friendly.

A pretty romantic card. It began with a turquoise card blank. I found some yellow, orange and turquoise patterned paper which I used to cover the middle of the card adding a strip of gold peel-off along the join at the top and a strip of gold patterned peel-off along the bottom and a scalloped border made from gold card.
The two hearts are a sort of gel peel-off bubble thingies, as is the "I Love You" sentiment.

2 comments:

Andy Tidy said...

David and Brenda
I havnt been in touch for a while - sorry. David kindly gave me a wedding anniversary card for my wife in the summer and it still has pride of place on her notice board.
Also - I took your advice and invested in an Cannon (500D)which is producing excellent results. Any issues with the photos on Capt Ahab's watery Tales now rest with the photographer rather than his kit! When will you be back in Brum?

Nerdy Girl.... The Life of Linda said...

Love the blue colour - very visually appealing ;)

Purely Stamping