Wednesday 9 September 2009

Stone, Trent and Mersey Canal



Tixall Wide as we left this morning and the start of a lovely, sunny day.

We got in an early start again and got as far as Aston Lock before joining our first queue at 0930.

Consequently we were in Stone just after 1000 and a boat pulled out of the moorings to come down the lock - so we swapped places.

The new marina being built just below Aston Lock is enormous. There was a lot of plant and David fell in love with a dinky little dumper truck and nearly abandoned ship to play with it!


I got a phonecall this evening from someone who wanted a card for his girlfriend by Saturday. I had to explain that we were away on the boat and I couldn't guarantee that he would get it in time. Quite honestly, I am too knackered to think up anything tonight, but I do feel bad. Perhaps I should have made the effort.

I have been trying to make cards to send to our troops in Afghanistan for them to buy to send to their friends and relatives back home. I make up a parcel of about 10-12 cards and send them to a lady in Plymouth and she sends then on. This is one of them. A real cheepskate one really. The butterfly paper was free with a magazine! Still, I quite like it. The large butterfly topper is slightly 3D and has a couple of gems on the back wings to make it sparkle and it is finished off with a peel-off sentiment.

No comments: