Saturday 19 September 2009

Llangollen, Langollen Canal


Launching Mr David into the void - or learning to fly.
Me? I'm cowering inside, hanging on for dear life.
We left Chirk at 6.45 and still managed to be followed over the aqueduct and meet a boat under the bridge at the junction at Trevor!
We slipped into the moorings in the basin at 1015 and tied up on those silly little pontoons that are only half the length of the boat and wobble like mad while you are trying to tie up the boat.
Still, the electricity is useful and I got all the washing done, and dried.


I love making cards with unusual "toppers". This one started out with a wooden rosebud.
I covered a long (DL) card with silver paper, punching the right hand side with a heart punch. I punched another edge to red shiny paper and added that to the left of the card. Finally a silver panel was added on top.
The rosebud was fixed with glue dots.
I made the sentiments with white card and silver peel-offs which was matted onto silver and red card and added to the card with sticky fixers as angles.
Thought the photograph shows it as an anniversary card - it was eventually sold as a birthday card - so I removed the anniversary mat and replaced it with a happy birthday.

No comments: