Thursday 11 June 2009

Gas Street Basin



I have been a big negligent with the blog lately. I do apologise. I am blaming the computers. Photos have gone missing - or at least I can't find them which is probably not the same thing. Anyway the big computer has now gone down - so who knows what we've lost now.

Anyway - to summarise. We were on the telly last Wednesday on ITV Central's local news. Just a quick shot of the boat and us being interviewed. At least one other person saw it!!!

For the last couple of days the BBC have been filming a sequence from the new series of "Survivors". They are using the old ATV studios behind us, which are being demolished. Seems a bit ironic really.



Had a phone call this morning from someone wanting a card made. Doesn't happen very often. Anyway he had seen one of a sunflower on the blog and wanted one like that and of course I don't have any of those left.

I had to colour a white flower with orange, yellow and brown ink. Then I covered a large brad with glitter to fix the flower together.

Starting with a large white card blank, I made a panel of handmade paper with gold dots embossed on it, gold paper and brown card which I cut with decorative scissors. A brown ribbon was tied in a bow and fixed around the panel and I added a pin with some beads to keep it tied. I used gold peel-offs on brown card which I matted onto gold paper. Finally, I added three yellow gems.

He's due at 9 tonight to pick it up. So I hope he likes it.

No comments: