Friday 20 April 2012

Gas Street



Sitting here under a bright blue sky with the sun shining down. Could be summer, as long as you don't look down and see all the snow!


We have had photographers en masse (if that's the right word). Even one from the Sun and Mail. Still the boats do look pretty with a covering of snow. And No - it is not cold in winter (inside).










I have had two lovely comments on the step Valentine cards - thank you both. Steve suggested one using a narrowboat. Watch this space Steve....

This is a card I have just made. The pictures were scanned from a Kleenex box!!

I started with a cream card, covered it with blue card and used my Cuttlebug (I just love the effects you can get from it) on the red card which I matted onto cream card. I then matted some brown card onto cream and fixed that over the red. I decoupaged the bonnet of the car with sticky fixers to make it "jump off the page" and matted that onto blue and cream card.
Finally I added a large peel-off "3" and the name of the recipient, also with peel-offs.

For the insert I printed another scanned photo and added the sentiment underneath.
I managed to get a spot of glue on the back of the card and as I tried to remove it it just got worse.
Crisis time. Although you never have proper accidents making cards (usually). So I just printed off another scan onto paper and stuck it over the ugly mark. And only you and I know that!

No comments: