Monday 19 January 2009

Near Shirley, Stratford on Avon Canal

The Great Escape has begun (but I fear it may only be a false start). We left the moorings around 11am travelling down the Worcester and Birmingham Canal encountering two boats and two contractor boats who were actually DREDGING!!!!!

At Kings Norton Junction we turned left into the Stratford on Avon Canal, through the guillotine lock (pictured last Summer) and on through the Draw Bridge before winding and mooring up by the winding hole. It was cold and showery and I was glad it was David who was out on the back.

As much as we love living in Gas Street Basin, it is great to be out in the countryside again. Though it's back to G2 for the Internet and not being able to spend all night on the big computer.


I finally finished Caroline's wedding invitations on Friday night. I am very pleased with the results, and fortunately, so is Caroline!




She chose 5 cards from my ideas book and then left me to it. I was allowed to make 5 different card styles and I tied them all in by using the same patterned paper and heart stamp.

I also made postcard sized reply cards which were also decorated with the paper and heart stamp.









This one has patterned backing paper from Pink Petticoat with a banner of vellum. The heart was stamped onto pink card with black ink and black sparkle embossing powder and I finished it off with three heart shaped, pink gems in the bottom right hand corner.














And with this one I wrapped the organdie ribbon around the patterned and silver matted panel before fixing it to the card and then added the bow, fixed with a sticky dot. The pink hart was stamped onto shrink plastic with Staz-on and coloured with markers. Finally I stamped the wording and embossed it in silver and edged the card with silver.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Brenda
I've been following your blog for a while now, having discovered it whilst admiring your cards,although I forget exactly how that came about now.

Anyway, just wanted to say I love what you've done with those wedding invitations.....great stuff!!
Also to thank you for allowing me to find the links to so many other NB bloggers. Its great to catch up with everyones news everyday.I enjoy reading about you all so much!
Thanks again,

Lynne

BTW.......I make cards too ;-)