Saturday 6 December 2008

Gas Street

We don't go for Christmas trees here in Gas Street - only stonking great bottles of beer!.

Lauren fell off her boat early this morning. She and Pete were returning from her office do and she slipped while walking down the gunnel (in party dress and shoes). David brought her onto our boat and we got her showered and cleaned up while Pete got her some dry clothes. She seems OK but has a few scratches and bruises.

No-one has seen the pair of them today so I suppose they are a bit embarrassed.









I have made this Christmas card of Granny Button. The original photograph was taken by and published on John Bean's blog Narrowboat Alacrity

I made four copies of the photograph and then cut away pieces from each one to bring the picture into 3D. I used sticky fixers to stick the pieces down and then matted it onto silver mirror card. I had some lovely light blue organdy type ribbon with silver snowflakes on which I fixed down the left hand side of the blue card and added three shiny snowflakes to the right hand side of the picture, adding some glitter. Finally I added the Seasons Greetings peel-off. Hope he likes it.



Here is a view from the side showing how the picture stands out.

No comments: