Tuesday 21 August 2007

Still Outside Oxford


Either my photography is getting better or I have got a brilliant camera. I think it might be the latter. Though this photo is just a little blurred, the butterfly was very obliging and stayed for ages.
We left this mooring and went down into Oxford - still lots of grungy boats and no real decent moorings (the only ones miles out of town). We managed to find a spot just before the river lock, opposite the site where BW evicted all those boats.
So into town for breakfast and shopping. Then we decided that as we couldn't get any telly and it was grotty we would come back here.
I wasn't too happy about the three lift bridges I'd already done that day, but we were soon back. I was so tired and stiff that I was in bed by 7.30pm!!!
I have just finished an order for 30 Christmas cards and begun some sets of 5 cards themed on the canals - will start uploading soon.
This card was made from a kit from Lakeland (of course), though I have only used some of the elements. Handmade paper wrapper, paper and dried flowers, tied with silver string on a hessian backing; more handmade paper, white card and pink card matting on a white card.

No comments: